According to prosecutors she discarded the bottle after the first sip because it tasted bad but fell unconscious shortly after.
She was taken to hospital but died five days later after being found to have ingested a lethal dose of the illegal drug.
Prosecutors said they were not aware of any further bottles having been tampered with, but they warned members of the public to be vigilant and alert police to any suspicious wine bottles.
Extending sympathies to the victim’s family, the company confirmed the bottle had been tampered with and its original black cork replaced with a beige one.
While it said it was not aware of any further bottles having been compromised, it urged anyone with concerns to contact the police.